Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Welcome back.....

Welcome back from your Holiday weekend! I hope your first day back to work was at least tolerable :) One of the hardest things that I personally had to deal with when it came to tracking what I eat was being honest with myself. It was like, if I don't write it down it won't count! Um, no. Unfortunately everyone that has ever tried to loose weight knows that that doesn't work. You're just cheating yourself. If that is you,you need to stop doing that right now and start being brutally honest with yourself. EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth and into your stomach counts, no matter how easy it is to convince yourself that it doesn't. Calories are calculated by determining how long it takes to "burn" said food. Food has an actual purpose. Our minimum calories is what we need for normal non active, living functions. The more active the more calories we need to fuel our body. Hence the heavy couch potato and the healthy marathon runner. It has taken me so many years to be able to wrap my head around all this. This time around it clicked. If I watch all the calories I put in and exercise regularly, I will eventually have a healthy body and mind and be able to maintain a healthy weight by keeping up with being an active person. You need to be excited about the foods you eat. If you aren't enjoying your meals your not getting satisfied. If fried chicken is your thing find a new way to make it. (It's a great example because theres so many oven fried recipes out there). There is the biggest cookbook available to you online. Use it. Read user reviews. Be happy about what you eat, and remember if it's an old standby you need to evaluate it to see if it needs a makeover. So, some of the keys to being successful are these: Be honest with yourself Count all your calories Develop an active lifestyle Enjoy what you eat I hope this has made you think about a few things and maybe motivate you to evaluate these areas of your life. I'm excited for my subjects to come this week, so stay tuned, lol.

2 comments:

  1. I have used the Cooking Light cookbook called Fast Fresh Weekday meals or something like that. All the recipes have 5 ingredients or less (other than common spices and stuff you have around the house) and take less than 15 minutes to prepare. Ron and I have not had a single bad meal out of that book yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I find a book or magazine that I can cook fantastic meals out of.

    ReplyDelete