Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Begining

So everyone has been on me to start one of these things.  I have finally broken down and started one, I don't know if it will last or if it will blow up into something crazy.
This whole eat right and exercise thing kinda started in September of 2011.  My friend, Tammy and I went on a three day cruise to the Bahamas; it was an opportunity of a lifetime so pictures were second nature.  We both saw those pictures and didn't like what we saw.  As soon as we returned back to normal life she started to do something about it.  I did not.  I continued to eat everything  that I wanted to eat without even thinking about the consequences.  Holidays came and went and by January I was too big for the clothes I wore in September and in a jean size that I swore I would never wear.  It was time.  I had done Weight Watchers a few times and had been successful but it obviously did not stick for me.
So, I downloaded a calorie tracking app for my smart phone and got on the wagon. I discovered it was better (for me), to see the larger number of calories for the day rather than the few points I would have had doing the Weight Watchers program. 
When I started I weighed in at 240 pounds, just 14 pounds shy of my heaviest weight ever (pregnant).  I have become obsessed with tracking my foods and my exercises.  I feel excited when its time for a meal or my workout is done for the day; I get to see how many calories everything is worth, weird I know.
There were always rules that had to be followed for eating right and getting healthy which I now know as a lifestyle change (no more diets).  Everyone always said, write everything down, exercise, stop drinking soda, drink water,  the list goes on and on.  I don't think I ever followed any of them.
Ask me what I do now.....
I went from drinking about 1200 calories a day in beverages (coffee creamer and soda) to about 70 calories a day, (one diet soda with my dinner).  I workout Monday-Friday 1 1/2-2 hours a day.  I drink at least the 8/8 of water everyday, if not more, and everything I eat or drink goes into my smart phone app.  I follow most of these rules; well the nighttime eating one I'm still working on. :)
Of course one of the rules that is talked about most is don't deprive yourself.  I cannot stress how important it is to follow this rule.  If you don't you will more than likely not succeed and in the long run you will be able to return to eating a lot of the foods you enjoy eating but you will be "trained" to eat them in a healthier manner.
If you are considering loosing weight and getting on the track of being healthy give yourself a wake up call and calculate the calories of a days worth of food and drink, I think most will be shocked to discover how much your actually eating.
I have been tracking and working my butt off since the second week of January 2012.  I have lost a total of 37 lbs and I have gone from a  size 24 to a 16....I have also been a non-smoker for 2 weeks.  If I can do it, SO CAN YOU!


So anyway....this is where all my recipes and pictures will be posted along with tips and tricks that I hear about along the way, plus updates on how I'm doing as well.  I hope that my non-writing self can keep a captive audience and not confuse everyone! LOL  Please feel free to comment and post tips you have heard as well.

2 comments: