Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dr. Oz....

If you are even the tiniest bit interested in getting healthy and loosing weight you watch Dr. Oz.  I watch it, my mother in-law watches it, and I'm sure 9 out of 10 of my neighbors watch it.  It is a good informative show.  If not for nutritional information he helps us to know that we are weird and not alone.

I recently posted something on FB about bananas reducing your risk of breast cancer by 40%. (seen on a recent episode)  I got a message right quick from a relative telling me about balanced diets and what not.  She's right and I totally agree with her.

While Dr. Oz has PLENTY of wonderful tips, tricks, remedies, and help you feel betters, a lot of his nutritional information (in my opinion) are just puzzle pieces.  I have heard him say a millions times "This is my best diet yet".  I thought we are supposed to be looking for lifestyle changes?  Something permanent, not temporary to get us looking the way we want for maybe a month.  I don't know about you but I want to look good and feel spectacular for the rest of my life.

The point I guess I'm trying to convey is that while Dr. Oz seems to be a very educated man and a lot of fun to watch on TV he fails to mention that if you were to eat a balanced diet of a variety of foods, in most cases you would get all of the nutrients and minerals that your body needs.  Now I know that supplements are something that is needed because not everyone can absorb nutrients in the traditional matter of ingesting them and not everyone likes fish and spinach.

But really if you follow so many of the things that he supports on his show you will find that all you need to do is follow a balanced diet.

Eat whole grains, lots of dark green veggies, fruit, and lean proteins.  Eat something different every day or every two days.  Eat a variety of foods and you will not get bored and chances are you will get all the nutrients that your body needs to function and be healthy.

So watch Dr Oz but remember you need to incorporate the items into your diet along with what you saw on the show the day before. :)

If you haven't visited it yet his website is wonderful and you can find recipes that have been featured on the show. ( I haven't tried any yet, but I will)

Here's the link to his website:

The Doc's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment