Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mayo!!



Mayo!!


Mayonnaise is one of the more commonly used condiments.  It's rich, creamy, fatty, and delicious.  With this wonderful condiment we get a plethora of uses , from potato salads to tuna salad, to wonderfully yummy BLT's.  Unfortunatly it isn't on our list of healthy foods to eat.  High in calories and fat it is a condiment staple that is usually pushed to the side and left to yurn for.  Well not anymore!!


I have found these wonderful mayo's and if you haven't discovered them for yourself yet you need to.  They actually are something I have been keeping in the house regularly for over a year now and not until recently have I discovered that they are wonderfully low in calories.  The two that I frequent (pictured) are 40 calories for 1 tablespoon.  Well I have learned that I typically don't need a full tablespoon on my sandwiches (usually 1 tsp).  Anyways, the flavors are great and they have so many uses!  I use mine on sandwiches of course, last night I used the chipotle to make a chicken, jicama, and onion salad that I wrapped up with lettuce and tomato; YUM! (sorry no pic)  There are many others like I used the chipotle on fish tacos; just a little bit.  The possibilities are many.


Kraft offers quite a few flavors, they are as follows:



  • horseradish dijon
  • chipotle
  • hot & spicy
  • garlic &  herb
  • steakhouse
  • twist of lime
I recently purchased the twist of lime thinking yummy on fish tacos or taco salad!
All things are good in moderation, so why not put a kick of low-cal flavor on your food??


Here is the website for the mayo's, but beware...evil things lurk here...keep your taste buds in check please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment