Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I never knew...

So yesterday I talked to my wellness coach at the Y concerning the way I feel about the amount of weight I have been loosing.  I have to be honest that I  have been loosing 1-2 pounds a week and I am not terribly happy about it.  She then preceded to tell me something that I feel totally embarrassed about not knowing...I had no clue that it takes a 3500 calorie deficit to loose 1 pound!!  I had no idea!!  I always knew that it was easier to put on than it was to take it off, now i know why.  Burning 3500 calories takes a lot of effort and a lot of will power.  So it also makes me wonder what these biggest looser contestants are really doing behind the scenes.  I bet they never stop moving.  To loose such big numbers one would have to be running in their sleep! lol
Anyways, so if you step on that scale and get disappointed about that number, don't be.  you have worked hard to loose that pound and it is a huge accomplishment.  

1 comment:

  1. Actually, from what I have heard from past contestants, the women are on a 1200 calorie diet, I believe. Then, their burn goal for the day is like 5000 or 6000 or something. It's crazy. They work out for 6-8 hours every day. Granted, they aren't always getting their butt kicked by the trainers, but they are moving...walking the track, swimming, etc. Nuts. I guess it can really mess with their metabolism and they manipulate water weight for their "weigh ins." It is a TV show after all. No one wants to watch someone lose a healthy 2 lbs a week on TV. What you are doing is much more realistic and good for you.

    ReplyDelete