Thursday, August 2, 2012

Slow roasted Greekish pork chops...


This was dinner. Last night I prepped eight marinated meats and seafoods and noticed I had two random bags of pork chops. Crock pot! So, this morning I put 6 boneless pork chops, I lg yellow onion, a large can of crushed tomatoes, 1 container knorr beef broth concentrate, 3/4 cup water, 1tbs of minced garlic, 1tbs (ish) fresh rosemary and salt and pepper into the crock pot. Started on high for a couple hours then turned to low. About an hour till serving time(total cook time 8hrs) I added 1 sliced red bell pepper.
I served it over peppered orzo and sprinkled about 2tbs feta cheese on top. Oh, and a side of peas (frozen not canned). Love them! They taste so different and fresh, and when I make a whole bag there's usually leftovers that I can put in my salads.
The family loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment